~ Daytime Skincare Routine ~
Hi, we all want healthy glowing flawless perfect skin. To get perfect facial skin is not impossible though you must go through a daily regime which includes daytime skincare and nighttime skincare routine . Plenty of water, proper diet, light exercise, and daily skincare will help you to achieve the goal. No miracle will happen in one day. Different types of skin need different types of cleanser, toner, serum, and moisturizer. Daily daytime and nighttime skincare are required. Generally, there are four types of skin e.g. DRY SKIN, OILY SKIN, COMBINATION SKIN, AND SENSITIVE SKIN.
CLEANSER (face wash):
Cleansing is the first step for getting healthy skin. In the morning at first, cleanse your face with the cleanser according to your skin type.
- If you have dry skin use a gentle hydrating cleanser with no fragrance as that does not dry out your face after using. It should be in lotion form containing glycerin, shea butter, etc . it should be soap-free alcohol-free and paraben-free.
- For oily skin foaming, facewash is ideal, which is soap-free and alcohol-free.
- Combination skin needs a gentle cleanser because it will clean the skin without drying out or making skin more oily.
- For sensitive skin, we have to use a gentle skin cleanser which does not irritate our skin. As for example a soothing and calming cleanser like aloe vera based cleanser is suitable.
For more about cleanser read my blog : favourite face wash
After washing the face, we should use a good toner. Because the toner helps in maintaining the skin’s pH level, cleaning & unclogging our pores. Toner also helps to tighten our skin and absorb the next product. It purifies our skin and removes excess oil and dirt. Toner completes the cleaning process, keeps skin smooth and radiant.
- For Dry Skin, one should choose a toner that helps to hydrate the skin well.
- Alcohol-free toner should be used for Oily Skin as that will exfoliate the skin and remove dead cells, blackheads. But the acid used in the toner should be balanced.
- For Combination Skin rose water is best or any alcohol-free toner.
- It’s a little bit tricky to pick a toner for Sensitive Skin, as any toner with strong chemical compounds can damage the skin. It’s better to use alcohol-free, non fragrant, pH balanced calming toner.
A clarifying toner can be used for all types of skin.
Now, this is a step you may consider as optional. But I would recommend you to apply a serum before applying moisturizer to the skin. Because the serum is very lightweight consisting of micro-molecules that penetrates in the skin with ease. The serum helps in fighting against aging also.
And now it is the time to moisturize the skin well because without proper moisturization skin will lose its natural glow over time. every type of skin needs proper moisturization. In the daytime, we should use moisturizers/creams/gel containing sun protection.
- For dry skin, we have to choose a face cream that gives the skin complete hydration. It should contain hydrating ingredients like Shea Butter, Hyaluronic Acid, etc.
- For Oily skin, a gel-based moisturizer will be appropriate. Sometime a simple aloe vera gel will do wonder.
- For combination skin, an oil-free moisturizer benefits the skin most.
- We should use a calming and soothing facial moisturizer for sensitive skin. The moisturizer should not irritate the skin. Any harsh chemical is harmful to the skin.
More about face moisturiser, read blog : Face Moisturiser
We are at the final and most vital step of the daycare routine. Sun rays can damage our skin in multiple ways. UV ray is the cause of sunburn and it can kill skin cells. Even in a closed room, it can hurt your skin. That is why we need a good sunscreen. A quality sunscreen must at least SPF 30 and PA+. SPF 55 with PA+++ is the best combination in my opinion. PA defines the protection grade of UVA rays for a Sunscreen. If it is more plus, that sunscreen gives more protection.
So, friends, this is my daily day time skincare routine. If it is helpful please let me know by commenting below.
Check our other blogs here .
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE!